Basically there two options to install a WordPress theme. For example, manually with an FTP client, or automatically through the WordPress upload feature. Now here we’ll discuss both options, so can you’ll easily install your WordPress theme.
Install the theme with WordPress Upload:
- Firstly, Download the .zip file. ( downloaded from https://athemeart.com/customer-login/ .)
- Then log in to the WordPress dashboard and navigate to Appearance → Themes
- After that click on the Add New button
- So, after clicking the Add New button, you will find a link that says Upload, then click that
- Now you’ll see a browse button, so click it and find the theme .zip file from your local machine
- And now click the Install Now button
- Now you’ll see your theme is installing and after successful installation click Activate Theme
Install the theme via FTP Upload:
- Firstly, download the .zip theme file to your machine and unzip it!
- Now, log onto your server through an FTP client, and find your site’s wp-content/themes directory. So that, you have to transfer the entire theme folder to that directory!
- Right after that, log in to your WordPress dashboard, and go to Appearance → Themes. Now you will see screenshots of the themes which are ready for you to use. So, click on the theme title (or theme screenshot) for the theme you wish to begin. You’ll see a preview of the theme that displayed, and then you can click the Activate link in the top right of the show window!
Troubleshooting Possible Errors
If you encounter the message “Are you sure you want to do this? Please try again.” or “The link you followed has expired” when attempting to install, this is most likely occurring because your server has a low maximum file size upload/low maximum execution time set in the PHP settings. You must increase the following PHP settings to be greater than 24M (Any reputable hosting company will assist you with this quickly & hassle-free):
- upload_max_filesize – greater than 24M
- post_max_size – greater than 24M
- max_execution_time – greater than 100
or you can upload the theme through FTP instead to bypass this all together.