In a word, there are several methods to generate a translation of the WordPress Shoper Pro theme.If you want to translate our theme basic text-like Items, Add to Cart, Read More, Add to compare, and so on, then you can translate without using any third-party plugins.
But, WordPress WooCommerce theme Shoper Pro is translation ready and attaches a POT file inside into the theme languages folder. However, if you want to set different languages (Localization), you’ll require to build a custom translation. And therefore, we advise using PoEdit to make your custom translation.
So, you’ll need to take a few steps to build your custom translation. For instance,
- Firstly, download and install PoEdit to your device from https://poedit.net/download.
- Secondly, find the shoper-pro.pot file from the language folder of your theme. Then run it with PoEdit and click to make your new translation file.
- Afterward, you’ll able to manage your essential translation text strings.
- Next step is to save your resulting file to your-theme-name-language_LOCALE.po, and the .mo file will automatically be compiled. For example, your German language files will name Chromium-de_DE.po and Chromium-de_DE.mo.
- After that, upload your saving files to wp-content/languages/ in your WordPress installation.
- Then, move to your WordPress settings and adjust Site Language in the dropdown.
- And lastly, save the changes.
NOTE:- If you like to contribute to translating the Shoper Pro theme, please feel free to contact us on Contact Page.