Want to learn the simplest way to install a WordPress theme? Building a fresh website or redesigning an existing site can seem a little daunting at first. But you don’t have to worry because WP helps you make it quick and easy. Plus, it ranks 34% of the most quality websites that are beautiful and dazzling. And to configure with ease, it’ll show an amazing and simple way you can’t imagine.
There are thousands of WP templates online that you can get for Free and in the Premium version. And you don’t want to waste time fixing a template that isn’t right for your site. Although the setup isn’t difficult, it may be time-consuming, so pick a simple and easy template.
So, in a word, this post will show the best way to install a theme that especially help beginners. But if you’re an expert, it’ll also help remind you how to set up a theme manually via FTP and from Directory/Repository.
How to Install From ORG Directory/Repository:
Suppose you’re not ready with the theme yet, so make a run for the WP theme repository. And you’ll get a huge number of free download WP themes. And then, Let’s get started:
- Log in to the WordPress Dashboard and then navigate to Appearance → Themes.
- After you are on the themes page, click Add New button to access the directory.
- You’ll see the scope of options to pick on the theme, such as Featured, Popular, Latest, and Favorites. You’ll search the ‘Feature Filter’ option in these filter options, which allows you to filter your search by Subject, Feature, and Layout. When you click on the Apply Filter button, the templates will emerge that met your standards. Also, you can seek the template on the search box.
At last, click the Activate button to place it as the default template.
as your first time, i recommend a few popular themes that you can install on your site.
- Shoper is a free, beautiful, trendy, and modern
- shopstore is multipurpose WordPress theme
- KOGO fully customizable and free blog design
How to Install By Upload
This method only applies to Premium themes. But you can use this technique for Free themes if they didn’t submit the template on WordPress.org. From third-party sources, you can download the template and use this method.
So, the downloaded file needs to be in .zip format to upload and install the template. Let’s started:
- As like above, Go to the Appearance → Themes.
Click Add New button.
You will see the Upload Theme button on the top of the page. Click on it.
- Then, you’ll see the Upload button at the top of the page and click on it.
- After that, a new page will appear with two different buttons called Browse and Install. So, click the Browse button and provide your .zip file. And then click the Install button.
How to Install Using FTP:
In general, the prime reason to switch to FTP is when your server security doesn’t help you install templates through the WordPress dashboard. But this method is more helpful when installing more than one template at a time. With FTP, you can set up multiple templates quickly and easily. Or else, you can use the WP built-in functionality to install the theme as described in the above guideline.
To install manually, you’ll need a path of your site via FTP or file manager provided in your host’s control panel like cPanel, DirectAdmin, Plesk, etc.
Let’s take a good look at how we can manually install WP templates using FTP and File Manager:
- Log in to your server using your FTP server URL, FTP username, FTP password.
- When you’re logged in, drive to your wp-content/themes/ folder (if you can’t find this folder, contact your hosting company asap to get help).
- Upload your earlier unzipped template’s folder from your computer over your server’s wp-content/themes/folder. [In Filezilla, the upload can simply be done by drag and drop the folder from your computer to the server.]
- If there are multiple files and folders to upload, it might take a few minutes. So, wait patiently to start and complete the uploading.
- When the upload is completed, go to your WP admin area, drive to Appearance → Themes to activate the theme.
- Search the theme you uploaded and click on the Activate button. And you can see the Live Preview as well.
In conclusion, these are the beginner’s guides to install a WordPress theme. Please send your review and join our newsletter for more informative articles if you feel this article is useful.