Online job portals are the new way to go, both employers and job seekers use these job boards to find the employee or vacancy that fits them perfectly. So, it is safe to say that directory will continue to exist for as long as the working group exists. There will always be human traffic to the website.
That said, you can try building a job board website like LinkedIn job, Glassdoor, or Monster. When building on WordPress, your first step is to find an excellent WordPress theme to match your website. This will be the place where employers will interact with potential employees.
What Makes a Good Job Directory Theme?
When choosing a WP theme, it is essential to consider two factors:
- User Interface
- User Experience
Although WordPress makes your task easier, choosing a template that will service both employers and employees sufficiently is critical. You need to provide all the tools to make job-seeking easy. That said, you should choose a WordPress theme that includes the following:
- A dedicated members board where participants can access and manage their vacancies listings, CVs, etc.
- A powerful search function to help filter listings to match the job seeker’s skills and requirements
- A monetization option, which users can use to support paid vacancy listings
Below are the top 20 job board WordPress themes that strike a balance between user experience, user interface, and features for both end-users.
01. Nokri ( ThemeForest )
Nokri is paid job board WordPress theme with a simple-to-use and super-intuitive user interface. This WordPress theme also contains specialized functionalities that will make your employment centre site easier to handle.
Users get plenty of customization options. So, you get to choose what your employment centre will look like.
- Hundreds of homepage layouts
- Has the WPBakery page builder plugin
- Supports over 80 payment options
- WooCommerce integration
- Both candidates and employers can get dashboard notifications
- Front-end new vacancy posting support
02. JobScout ( WordPress.org )
Second, on the list is a fully responsive free job directory WordPress theme for human resource companies. If you want to set up a recruiting website, then JobScout is the perfect choice for you. It has its foundation on the popular WP Job Manager plugin that helps you create the best WP site you can.
The beauty of JobScout is that it allows you to create a professional-looking job portal without any coding knowledge. It also has a live preview to streamline your web design process.
- Compatible with the WPJM Extra Fields to allow employers to add information about their jobs
- An advanced vacancy filter system
- A single vacancy info page for a neat and clean format
- WooCommerce integration
- 24 custom widgets you can use to customize your portal
- A vacancy posting, blog, and call to action section
03. Onjob ( WordPress.org )
Publishing job opportunities should be an easy feat, and applications for these jobs should be more straightforward. So, if you want to create a website that gives your users a fully functional interface, Onjob is the job directory WordPress theme to use.
This Onjob lets users search through listings with its powerful filtering mechanism. They can also view vacancy descriptions on the same page or submit applications. You also get some pre-made content to guide your website’s appearance.
- You can get a free or pro version of the theme
- A super responsive design
- A single click demo import, Advanced color options and Fully customizable options
04. Superio ( ThemeForest )
Superio Job Board WordPress theme lets you create a fully responsive job portal. The designs are fully customizable, and you can refer to the demos to get insights. Superio enables website designers to develop easy-to-use and useful job board websites for their users.
So, if you want to make it easy for management, HR offices, and recruitment agencies, Superio might be the best choice of a directory portal. You get all the tools you need to build a employment site.
- Over 17 homepage demos to try out
- Elementor page builder compatible
- GDPR ready
- Multiple dashboard views
- Video compatibility
- Integrated with Indeed and Workopolis
- Social media integration
- One-click demo import
- A drag and drop page builder
- Retina-ready and great responsiveness
05. Jobify ( ThemeForest )
Do you want a feature-rich WordPress theme to use on your employment vacancies website? Jobify is the right one for it. Jobify connects you to all necessary plugins that you will need for every feature you include in your site.
For instance, you get WP Job Manager to handle the vacancies listings or form builder to create submission forms. You get to customize your website however you like.
- You get tons of pre-designed templates to help you design your employment portal
- A powerful search engine with location-based support
- A powerful drag and drop editor to help customize your homepage and vacancy listings
- Social media login support
06. Careerfy ( ThemeForest )
When you want to build a job portal with a better user interface and user experience, Careerfy is the suitable job directory WordPress theme for you. It comes with over 15 demo content and pre-built pages. In addition, you get to include a powerful search system with multiple filtering options. This way, you ensure that job seekers only get vacancy listings that match their preferences.
Using Careerfy would mean your website ranks better, even on search engine result pages.
- 15 demo websites to help you manage your web design process
- Professionally designed pre-built inner pages
- A visual composer page builder with a drag-and-drop feature
- A dedicated search system with multiple filtering options
07. Cityrama ( Qode Interactive )
Cityrama is a local listing theme that includes a city guide section. The theme has many attractive features that will allow you to create a job board immaculately. The Cityrama, which comes with maps with geolocation, and a user dashboard, makes it easy for candidates and employers to find each other.
Cityrama also has an advanced search system to make it possible to match a candidate with their best preferences.
- User Dashboard
- Customizable maps
- Modern listing templates
- Paid listing packages
- Contact Form 7, Slider Revolution, and WPBakery plugins ready
- SEO Optimization and translation ready with a 1-click demo import
08. Jobmonster ( job board WordPress theme )
A job website with location-based search support is always better. JobMonster gives you these and much more. You get to access WP Job Manager, a premium feature, for free. It also includes a WooCommerce Integration and 9 different homepage variations.
JobMonster comes with Bing Maps and Google Maps support and a visual composer page builder to help you keep up with the aesthetics of your site.
- 9 different homepage variations to choose
- Advanced search and filter options
- Intuitive front-end management dashboard for both employers and candidates
- Front-end submission for resumes and vacancy listings
- Google Maps and Bing Maps support
09. StaffScout ( ThemeForest )
StaffScout brings elegance to life. The beautiful job board WordPress theme has sleek templates and flexible layout options with a mega menu and a single-click demo importer. The customizable headers and footers are functional in customizing the website.
You get a set of pre-designed widgets to make your vacancy of creating an employment site easy.
- Highly responsive layout and Cross-browser compatibility
- Compatible with Elementor, Yoast, WPBakery Page Builder
- Translation ready and Over 800 Google fonts
10. WorkScout ( ThemeForest )
WorkScout is on the top 20 job directory WordPress themes list because of its revolutionary features and trading item of ThemeForest marketplace. It combines the goodness of the WP Job Manager plugin with advanced functionalities to deliver only the best to users.
There are hundreds of add-ons and extensions you can access to make your website popping. Whether you need a way to manage resumes or support paid listings, this is the right one for you.
- Hundreds of extensions and add-ons to expand the functionality
- A powerful search system with advanced filters
- WP Job Manager plugin integration
- Drag-and-drop page builder with a visual composer
- Slider plugin
- Support for structured data for better SEO
- Google Maps integration
- Multiple monetization options
- Employment alert systems
- A dedicated resume manager
11. FindMe ( ThemeForest )
Creating a job board website can be easy with Findme. You do not need any coding skills and get 24.7 professional support as you take your journey through web design. Findme lets you create local and business directories, city guides, and urban listings in a few simple steps.
You can even import a demo website to see how your website will appear. Findme also lets your end-users add amenities or create paid listings that suit them.
- Accommodates plugins such as Slider Revolution, OpenTable, Contact Form 7 and WooCommerce
- Over 1000 fonts to choose from
- Social media integration
- Translation ready
- Super responsive design with unlimited updates
- Listing module
- Maps with geolocation
12. Cariera job board WordPress theme
Cariera has most of its features based on WP Job Manager. It offers the perfect theme to connect employers and candidates seeking employment. This job directory WP template comes with a demo that loads in a few minutes.
The premium dashboard, different vacancy layouts, and advanced stats make managing the vacancy portal easy. You also get an advanced vacancy search system and unique vacancies layouts. The notification system will keep your users updated on any resumes and employment openings at all times.
- A dedicated dashboard to manage listings, edit details, view applications, etc.
- Multiple layouts to showcase your listings
- Single listing pages
- Multiple search result layouts
- Built-in notification system
- Monetization options or premium services
- A resume and application manager
- Google Maps and OSM integration
13. Job Portal ( WordPress.org )
First on the list is a job board WordPress theme with a minimal design but premium features. With Job Portal, you can create professional-looking websites with features that make them easy to customize.
Besides, it is responsive, which means it is usable on all screens and helps your website rank better because it has SEO settings. When designing, you can visualize your progress and even import content from the documentation for better customization.
- Customizable content blocks with the drag-and-drop page builder
- Speed optimization for faster loading
- Easy importation of dummy content from the documentation for better visualization
- Automatic updates for the dashboard
- Compatible with multiple browsers, including Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Edge, and Safari
- Multiple homepage sections and page templates like blog, contact, and vacancy opening, among others
- An advanced search function
14. JobCareer ( ThemeForest )
JobCareer is one of the best feature-packed job directory WordPress themes in the market. It gives you a lot of powerful functions that both employers and employees will enjoy, and it also makes it easy to manage your website.
Besides the easy-to-use interface, JobCareer grants you access to tens of monetization options to help with support for paid job listings.
- Widespread payment gateway integration, like PayPal and Stripe
- Many monetization options like paid lists, Membership packages, etc
15. BizFinder ( ThemeForest )
You can help the job-seeking candidate find their dream job by creating a job portal. To make their experience even better, you can use BizFinder, a business directory theme. The template is intuitive and effortless to use and packs some fantastic features.
- OpenTable integration
- An advanced search filter with Geo Location support
- Ad placement options
- Fully customizable and beautiful vacancy listing layouts
16. Jobile ( WordPress.org )
When you start designing your website, a minimalistic design is favorable. If your website will need a WordPress theme, Jobile is the theme for you, and it is simple and comes with fast loading speeds.
Moreover, the theme is free, search engine optimized, responsive and lightweight. It also has a drag-and-drop page builder to simplify customization for you. You get thousands of colors to choose from for your website display, as well as over 600 fonts.
- Multiple layout variations
- Unlimited color for all your elements
- A single-click demo import
- Drag and drop page builder
- 100% mobile-friendly
- One-click updates
17. Robolist Lite ( WordPress.org )
If you want a modern and feature-packed theme for your job listing website, Robolist Lite is needed. The theme comes with the necessary extensions to create a custom website.
You want to inform your visitors of as much information regarding the a vacancy as possible. Robot list Lite has the tools you need to make this happen.
- Bootstrap framework for more responsiveness of the website
- Front-end job submission forms
- Call to action section
- A powerful search system at the site’s main header
18. Listdomer ( WordPress.org )
If you want to go beyond vacancy listings and create a classified website or a directory, Listdomer is the theme for you. It has all the best features of Listdom, a listing and directory plugin. Listdomer is easy to use, and you can customize it without any coding knowledge.
20. ET Job Portal Theme
ET Job Portal is what you need if you want a beautiful theme with a modern design. The niche-specific theme makes it easy to design a job site for various industries, and it is also a responsive template that works well in all screen sizes.
The sticky header bar makes navigation through a website simple, and it is simple yet offers premium and unique features.
- WooCommerce integration
- Multiple homepage sections
- A fully responsive design
- 4 column layout
- HTML plus JS Animation features
- Video and audio integration
- User-friendly contact forms
- Google Maps integration
- Elementor page vuilder
- Cross-browser support
- Social media compatibility
Building a job directory website requires that you put the needs of your users first. Having a responsive theme with cross-browser compatibility is critical, and additional features and plugins could make your work easier when designing your website. All these, you can find when you choose an excellent theme for your website.